creating .wav files

Matthew Kirschen kirschen at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 27 21:05:23 UTC 2004

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good program (shareware or commercial,
any platform) for creating auditory wav files from written text.  I'm
programming an experiment looking at the difference between auditory and
visual working memory.  I currently have a list of 5000 words for the
visual condition, but I'm having difficulty creating auditory versions of
the words.  I'm searching for a program which will input a list of words,
digitize them in a spoken voice and create and save a .wav file (which I
can then read into E-prime).  I'm trying to avoid the daunting task of
speaking 5000 words into a microphone.

thankx
mk

Matthew Kirschen, SMS V