creating .wav files

Andrews, A.S. asa8 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 19:27:00 UTC 2004

Matthew

There are a number of laborious options, but probably the best, if you can handle a little Java is to use

http://freetts.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php

It's a library to do text-to-speech in Java. You could write a quick program that would go through your files and spit out sounds. The low quality included voices sound like 50s robots, but there are instructions for getting higher quality voices.

Best Regards

Tony Andrews
Senior Computer Officer
School of Psychology