Text files

Jordan Bigio j-bigio at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 11 17:06:16 UTC 2004

Oh, it's painstaking alright. Otherwise though, the only way I could see to
do it is to make a different 'proc' for each trial. If you have text
associated with an object, it will repeatedly display that text. The only
way I know to call text from a list of different words or symbols is to
have .bmp files. It took me a LONG time to get mine right. It's a pain!

Jordan

At 10:20 AM 2/11/2004 -0600, Jonathan Pettibone wrote:
>Would this method allow for precise text placement on a slide? I've done
>similar experiments, painstakingly placing text boxes on each screen, and I
>find that even if I type in the placements, they never, never are exactly
>the same from slide to slide.  When you show a rating scale on repeated
>slides, and it moves slightly from slide to slide, it looks shabby and is
>distracting.
>
>   Thanks
>
>     Jonathan Pettibone
>
>Jonathan Pettibone
>Assistant Professor
>Dept. of Psychology
>Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
>Edwardsville, IL 62026

Jordan D. Bigio, B.A.
Project Coordinator
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northwestern University
2240 N. Campus Dr., Frances Searle Building, Rm. 2-342
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: 847-491-3647