Text files

Edward Carney carne006 at UMN.EDU
Mon Feb 16 16:11:24 UTC 2004

I used to encounter this in older versions of Excel, but I have not
found it to be true in more recent versions (Office XP, 2002, etc.).
I just double-checked with Excel 2002 and all the returns were in place.

Paul's point reinforces mine, though--that checking the formatting is
important in the event that your first attempt fails.

Edward Carney
Research Associate
Univ. of Minnesota