Pseudo-randomising trials in e-prime

Ben Robinson BRobinso at mprc.umaryland.edu
Fri Feb 20 20:24:12 UTC 2004

there is an example given on the e-prime website, in the users' section.  you will need a password to enter, but it costs nothing to register for a password.
the website is:
http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/samples.asp?Mode=View&SampleID=24

ben robinson

>>> leisha <leisha at decisionresearch.org> 02/20/04 03:10PM >>>
Investigators here have asked me this question, too. For example, if
we're showing people images and words and we don't want a bunch of
images or words to appear in order --say, not more than two or three
like stimuli in a row -- how do we manipulate the "random" sequence to
avoid it?

If you get an answer to this question, I would like to know.

Thanks,

Leisha Wharfield
Production Coordinator
Decision Research