Slide durations

Cynthia J DeVore devo0023 at tc.umn.edu
Fri Feb 27 17:01:09 UTC 2004

Since you know how long each sound is, you can set that as an attribute in
your list. Then in your slide, set the duration of the slide to the
attribute you created in your list.

Cynthia

At 10:29 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>I should think that you set the max length on the soundout object in the
>slide to 80000ms and set the duration on the slide object to be 80000ms.
>But, if you have them varying, you will probably need to use a different
>slide object for every wav file length that you have, so a particular
>slide corresponds to a particular length of sound. Unless you know how to
>write code and can program some different states for your slide object.
>That was some advice that I recently got for a problem I was having, but I
>don't know VBA and can't really write code. Hope this helps.
>
>Jordan
>
>At 03:03 PM 2/27/2004 +0000, Eddie Dubourg wrote:
>>A very simple question (I hope):-
>>
>>I have a slide that puts up a prompt, and plays a sound of indeterminate
>>length - they vary between 20 and 80 seconds, so waiting for the long
>>sounds to finish is a problem.  Is there a way to get the slide duration
>>to be the same length as the sound?  No responses are obtained during
>>the slides, it is purely for listening, there is a small questionnaire
>>in a subsequent procedure.
>>
>>Eddie Dubourg
>>Computing/Technical Support Officer
>>Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
>>University of Edinburgh
>
>Jordan D. Bigio, B.A.
>Project Coordinator
>Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
>Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northwestern University
>2240 N. Campus Dr., Frances Searle Building, Rm. 2-342
>Evanston, IL 60208
>Phone: 847-491-3647

Cynthia J. DeVore
Graduate Student & E-Prime Consultant
University of Minnesota - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
devo0023 at umn.edu
612-624-3601
Lab Calendar: http://online.psych.umn.edu/IS/Elliott160/default.html
E-Prime @ U of MN http://online.psych.umn.edu/IS/Eprime/index.htm