Selecting lists

Khalilah Khan K.Khan at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 17:08:16 UTC 2004

Hi e-prime users

Thank you for your previous help.  This is probably another simple query for most of you that I need help with.
If I had 3 lists each consisting of 5 items of stimuli but only needed to run one list in a block, how would I get the program to randomly select one of the lists? Also randomising the selected list.
I will then run some trials for the second block, but after block 2, depending on which list that was randomly selected in block 1 of the program, the program needs to select a list from another group of lists in block 3 that has a direct relationship to the first list that was displayed. Would this involve some scripting, perhaps the use of 'if else' statements?

Many thanks
Khalilah Khan

IACS, Psychology
University of Warwick