Getting response after stimulus has been cleared

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 16:09:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to design a small e-prime experiment, and I've run into a small
problem.

I'm presenting text stimuli, which have to be on screen for 6 seconds, and
are then cleared - no problem.  What is causing the problem is that I need
to be able to get the response during and after the stimulus, i.e. the
stimulus will be cleared, but the program will not proceed on to the next
stimulus until a response has been made, and no time limit must be set for
the response to occur in.

I think I'm being extremely dense, but when trying to script this, I've
tried using a slide, but I can't seem to set durations of the
sub-components, so would I be best just using a text object with unlimited
duration, and then an inline script to clear the display after 6000ms?

Thanks for any help

Eddie Dubourg
Computing/Technical support Officer
Theoretical and Applied Linguistics