sound onset and offset

Dr Jamie Ward jamie.ward at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:37:44 UTC 2004

This is a related, but different, problem to some of the recent ones
considered....

I would like to display a sound before a visual stimulus appears (say 100
msec) and for BOTH the sound and the visual stimulus to turn off when a
response has been made.

At present, the best I have been able to do is to get the sound to start ok
and carry on throught the visual stimulus, but it wont switch off at the
response (it carries on into the next trial) or to play the sound for 100
msec and then replay it at the beginning when the visual stimulus appears
(which sounds horrid, because they are natural instrument sounds that decay).

I am sure there must be a simple solution but I have not been able to find
it.  I dont program, but could probably mange to copt and paste some code
into the script!

Yours hopefully,
Jamie

**********************************

Dr. Jamie Ward
Department of Psychology
University College London
Gower Street
LONDON WC1E 6BT, UK
Phone: +0044 (020)7679-5394 {Internal 25394}
Fax: +0044 (020)7436-4276

UCL Synaesthesia Research Group
http://www.syn.ucl.ac.uk

Course Convenor: Msc in Cognitive Neuropsychology
http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/msc.cogneuro/info.html