sound onset and offset

Georg Odenthal odenthal at soz.psychologie.uni-konstanz.de
Tue Mar 2 13:52:14 UTC 2004

Hello Jamie,

This is simple. Just insert an Inline Script directly after your
visual stimulus object into the procedure with this command:

SoundObject.stop

(you need to enter the name of the SoundObject before the ".stop").

This will stop playing the sound for the entered SoundObject.

bye,
 Georg

DJW> This is a related, but different, problem to some of the recent ones
DJW> considered....

DJW> I would like to display a sound before a visual stimulus appears (say 100
DJW> msec) and for BOTH the sound and the visual stimulus to turn off when a
DJW> response has been made.

DJW> At present, the best I have been able to do is to get the sound to
DJW> start ok
DJW> and carry on throught the visual stimulus, but it wont switch off at the
DJW> response (it carries on into the next trial) or to play the sound for 100
DJW> msec and then replay it at the beginning when the visual stimulus appears
DJW> (which sounds horrid, because they are natural instrument sounds that
DJW> decay).

DJW> I am sure there must be a simple solution but I have not been able to find
DJW> it.  I dont program, but could probably mange to copt and paste some code
DJW> into the script!

DJW> Yours hopefully,
DJW> Jamie

DJW> **********************************

DJW> Dr. Jamie Ward
DJW> Department of Psychology
DJW> University College London
DJW> Gower Street
DJW> LONDON WC1E 6BT, UK
DJW> Phone: +0044 (020)7679-5394 {Internal 25394}
DJW> Fax: +0044 (020)7436-4276

DJW> UCL Synaesthesia Research Group
DJW> http://www.syn.ucl.ac.uk

DJW> Course Convenor: Msc in Cognitive Neuropsychology
DJW> http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/msc.cogneuro/info.html

Best regards,
 Georg

Georg Odenthal (Dipl.-Psych.)             University of Konstanz
+49 (0)7531 88-2872                       Department of Psychology
odenthal at soz.psychologie.uni-konstanz.de  Social Psychology and Motivation
http://www.socpsych.uni-konstanz.de       78457 Konstanz, Germany