Response Boxes

Jordan Bigio j-bigio at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 9 19:52:27 UTC 2004

Rebecca,
Here are another couple that I know of:
The Brain Logics line from PST (that makes Eprime), which apparently works
seamlessly with Eprime and is good if you're doing scanning (not metal).
www.pstnet.com

Also, I use the fORP from Current Designs in Philly. (www.curdes.com). This
is also nonmetal, but to use this seamless with Eprime you must download
'ckubed', a sort of terminal emulator program.

Hope this helps.

Jordan

At 02:19 PM 3/9/2004 -0500, Rebecca Williams wrote:
>We've had continuing problems with the microphones and PST response boxes.
>We've adjusted the mic sensitivity both with software and on the box
>itself and have been testing them with their utilities software and they
>still either trip when there's no sound (and the microphone isn't plugged
>in) or don't trip no matter how loud the sound is. Upon E-Prime's advice,
>we eventually sent back ours, received 2 ones, neither one of which works
>and E-Prime is sending us two more.
>Has anybody else been having problems with the voice key and the
>microphone? And does anybody know if  there any other companies that make
>response boxes which are compatible with E-Prime?
>
>Thanks very much,
>Rebecca Williams
>

>Boston University

Jordan D. Bigio, B.A.
Project Coordinator
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Northwestern University
2240 N. Campus Dr., Frances Searle Building, Rm. 2-342
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: 847-491-3647