Response Boxes

Cynthia J DeVore devo0023 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Mar 9 20:02:25 UTC 2004

We've had 20 response boxes for 3(?) years and are currently running
experiments that record voice latency. We're not experiencing any problems.
If you send me your .es (and any accompanying required .txt, .wav, etc)
I'll be glad to test it here.

At 01:19 PM 3/9/2004, Rebecca Williams wrote:
>We've had continuing problems with the microphones and PST response boxes.
>We've adjusted the mic sensitivity both with software and on the box
>itself and have been testing them with their utilities software and they
>still either trip when there's no sound (and the microphone isn't plugged
>in) or don't trip no matter how loud the sound is. Upon E-Prime's advice,
>we eventually sent back ours, received 2 ones, neither one of which works
>and E-Prime is sending us two more.
>Has anybody else been having problems with the voice key and the
>microphone? And does anybody know if  there any other companies that make
>response boxes which are compatible with E-Prime?
>
>Thanks very much,
>Rebecca Williams
>

>Boston University

Cynthia J. DeVore
Graduate Student & E-Prime Consultant
University of Minnesota - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
devo0023 at umn.edu
612-624-3601
Lab Calendar: http://online.psych.umn.edu/is/elliott160/default.html
E-Prime @ U of MN http://online.psych.umn.edu/is/Eprime/index.htm