Assigning text to a specific text box.

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 12:28:43 UTC 2004

A student is designing an experiment which needs to display randomly
selected text strings at specific positions on a screen - to be precise to a
10x5 grid of positions, incrementing the position by one each time.

My idea for this is to setup a slide with 50 text boxes, each with a
uniquely chosen name (1-50 or similar), and then to have a simple increment
on a variable each time the procedure is run to assign the number - what I
need is a script fragment to get the text string (attribute name textstr) to
display in the assigned text box.

Is this trivial, or am I opening a can of worms trying to do it this way?

Eddie Dubourg
Computing Officer
Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
PPLS, University of Edinburgh