refresh cycles and LCD

Yoav Bar Anan baranan at post.tau.ac.il
Wed Nov 24 11:19:07 UTC 2004

In
http://www.necmitsubishi.com/support/css/monitortechguide/index04.htm
It is written that:
"Since LCD monitors do not employ phosphors, refresh rate is not a concern.
Basically, the transistors in the LCD remain open or closed as needed until
the image changes. This can be a point of confusion for some consumers,
however, since most graphics cards still "ask for" a refresh rate setting.
This is due to the analog nature of existing graphic cards and their support
for CRT displays. While refresh rates do not apply to LCD monitors, most
LCDs are set up to accept any settings from 60Hz and above".

I'm confused, does it mean I can find graphic cards that can allow no
refresh-cycle when using LCD?

Yoav