[help] at recall test

Yoonhee Jang yjang at psyc.umd.edu
Thu Sep 2 20:59:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm not good at E-prime yet, and I have trouble in my recall test
program.  I want to know whether a particular response from recall test
is correct or not.  The criterion is whether first three characters of a
response match those of a correct answer.
For example, 'apple' is a correct answer.  When a person types either
'apple' or 'appel', it's correct (e.g., coding: 1).  When the person
does either 'apology' or 'orange', it's incorrect (e.g., coding: 0).
How should I program?  Any comments and help would be very much
appreciated.

Yoonhee