free recall test

Yoonhee Jang yjang at psyc.umd.edu
Fri Sep 10 22:08:25 UTC 2004

Hello,

My problem is in setting up the test list such that e-prime can record
multiple entries (people typing in each word they remember -> free
recall test), and furthermore scoring the accuracy of the entered words,
and finally setting a timed deadline for entering (e.g., one minute to
enter as many as you can remember). I know it's no problem to do these
things for a single recalled item (for instance cued-recall or Peterson
and Peterson recall), but e-prime doesn't seem to be set up to receive
consecutive items (which are not necessarily in the studied order), and
also have some sort of outer loop for timing.

Do you have any ideas of how to do this in e-prime? Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Yoonhee