CPT-AX

Lijffijt, dr. M. M.Lijffijt at pharm.uu.nl
Sun Sep 26 18:35:19 UTC 2004

I am trying to make a CPT-AX task (with numbers) for children. What I did is that I defined three columns: one for a prime (the 8 or a 0), one for a Target/Non-target (2 to 7) and one for CorrectAnswer (either {SPACE} or nothing. The target is an 8 and then a 7. Other combinations of with or without an 8 are non-targets. I had problems with trials in which only the non-target (without a prime) should be presented. Eventually, I edited the script with an If .. Then solution to avoid presenting the prime when the prime is 0. This worked out fine.

The other problem I could not deal with. Sometimes, for non-targets, the Target.ACC indicates 0 whereas (correctly) no hit was made. This should be 1 (correct). Secondly, not on all trials the CRESP is {SPACE}. Sometimes nothing appears. What should I do, for I guess that the problem with th ACC being 0 instead of 1 is because I want to collect no response on some trials.

Who could help me with this problem.

Marijn Lijffijt