Job Opportunity in Human Functional Neuroimaging & Cardiovascular Health

Kelley Sacco ks7t at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 28 14:18:22 UTC 2004

Job Opportunity in Human Functional Neuroimaging & Cardiovascular Health

    We are seeking a full time Research Associate to work on studies
investigating how the human brain controls cardiovascular reactions to
stress, and how biological responses to stress relate to the risk for
developing cardiovascular disease.

    Individuals who wish to pursue a career in the neurosciences or in the
field of biobehavioral health will benefit most from this position.
Interested individuals should have a Bachelor¹s or Master¹s degree in a
natural or quantitative science or in one of the following areas:
Psychology, Neuroscience, Statistics, Biostatistics, Engineering, Computer
Science, or Mathematics.

    We will consider individuals who will complete their degrees by the end
of 2004. Preference will be given to individuals who have some background in
UNIX, MATLAB, database management, and a statistical package, such as SPSS
or SAS.

    Interested individuals should send a cover letter and a resume or a
curriculum vitae to Leslie Mitrik by email (mitrikla at upmc.edu
<mailto:mitrikla at upmc.edu> ) or regular mail (Cardiovascular Behavioral
Medicine Program, 3811 O¹Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213). For more
information, call 412-246-5966.