Timing drift vs. missed keystrokes?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Tue Apr 5 16:40:21 UTC 2005

I think I have my problem figured out. It has to do with the screen
refresh rate. It discusses this in Chapter 3 'Critical Timing' of the
Users Guide. Our 500 msec stimulus does not match the 13.33333msec
refresh rate of the monitor so it makes it last longer. As stated in
the manual, there is a calculation you can perform to estimate what is
a good stim display rate for your monitor. What is apparently optimal
for our test bed is 496 msec but will vary per machine.

Per your question on whether pre-release makes it miss button presses,
you have to have someone sit with the subject and actually count the
button presses and see that they match what is recorded in order to
notice missed button presses. You can also do a thought experiment
based upon the Pre-Release discussion of Chapter 3 in the User's
Guide.

-- IV