Printing a report .txt file at the end of a paradigm.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Thu Apr 7 17:51:10 UTC 2005

Hello all,

My paradigm needs to automatically print a .txt report file at the end
of a run. This is not a problem if Word is installed because it is
possible to call it as an OLE object and it will print. However, Word
will not be on the systems we are using this on so I'm trying to get
wordpad.exe to do it instead. I have succeeded in printing using <path
to wordpad>\wordpad.exe /p test.txt via the shell command with a sleep
2500 and AppClose(shell) afterward, however, it gives me an error
message:

Run-time Error (Line 83)

802: Can't find window

At the end. Other than this it appears to work, but this is not
acceptable for it to crash at the end of the paradigm. I am attaching
a simple paradigm called testprint.es which attempts to print out a
file test.txt. If you wish to try it, you will need to create test.txt
in the same directory as .es Any help with this run-time error is
appreciated.

-- IV