Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

Paul R. Jackson paulj at psy.uq.edu.au
Fri Jul 1 02:51:39 UTC 2005

Doug,

> like substring functions.  In almost every computer language,
> it's called substr().  I spent an hour digging through the
> worthless help pages finding that it's called Mid$() in VB.

This wasn't Microsoft, the Mid function has been used in Basic for at least
25 years that I am aware of and the Basic language was around for 20 years
before that, I would guess that Mid was too. In fact Basic is older the C
(1970s Vs 1960s).

Yes Microsoft has done many many stupid things over the years but this
wasn't one of them!

Paul

 Paul R. Jackson
 Experimental Programmer