Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

Katz, Lena B. katzlb at upmc.edu
Fri Jul 1 12:36:26 UTC 2005

When I'm writing videoprocessing algorithms, I still need to write memory efficient code (that's about the only place you can really stress a processor and its memory these days).  I'm just glad that the ceiling for how much code can be written has been raised.  I've never had to write self-modifying code, and I'm glad of it (even if it is fun).

Writing clear, clean, and debugable code should be what every sane programmer aims for.  Whatever language you're writing in.

Lena