A couple of questions.

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 08:51:28 UTC 2005

I've two, hopefully minor queries.

The first - is there a method to allow a procedure to execute for a set
amount of time?  We have a hemispheric observation task which has been
scripted, but we need to have a distractor task interleaved which will take
the form of 30 seconds of simple maths problems - I've sorted out all bits,
but can't work out how to restrict it to 30 seconds.

Second, in another script, I have another observation task, but the target
words have to be preceded by two priming words randomly selected from a list
of about 10 words.  There will be 20 target words, so I have 20 lists of 10
words, and the lists will occur in a random order, and I can't work out how
to associate the target words with a particular list of primes since the
primes will occur randomly.

I hope these confused witterings make some form of sense.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie Dubourg