Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

Sudevan, Padmanabhan psudevan at uwsp.edu
Wed Jun 29 18:58:06 UTC 2005

I have "VBA for Dummies", which is good. I also have VBA Developers'
Handbook, which is large and technical. However, as I am beginning to
learn VB and VBA, I am wondering about the differences between all the
versions. My software is version 6.3 ( attached to Word 2003 and Excel
2003 ). Will any of the editions of "VBA for Dummies" be equally
helpful? Some of the windows and features in VB 6.3 seem to be different
from earlier versions.

I don't find programming per se a problem, having done Fortran and C++
programmimg in the ( somewhat distant ) past. I agree that the E-Prime
reference is a better description of the language at an
easy-to-understand level.

P Sudevan
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Faculty Senate