Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

Katz, Lena B. katzlb at upmc.edu
Wed Jun 29 19:09:43 UTC 2005

I've always found C an easier language to learn (I didn't really grok VB until after I'd taken enough C++ and Java to translate).

So, I'm gonna recommend http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ .  Of course, the memory management is unnecessary (your student shouldn't be looking at "Advanced Concepts", as they don't exist in VB), and all the syntax will be different.  But, hey, that's part of what learning programming is about... learning that the syntax doesn't really matter.  What matters is what you want to do, and how difficult it's going to be.

Lena