Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

James Myers lngmyers at ccu.edu.tw
Wed Jun 29 23:28:53 UTC 2005

I would advise against VBA for anything other than quick-and-dirty code
for some
specific in-house purpose. Microsoft keeps changing the language so older
code quickly becomes unrunnable. I myself spent the last half year or so
tweaking a complex set of Excel macros in the version of Microsoft Office
that I happen to have on my machine (Excel 97 or something). I assumed the
end result would be something I could post on my website for anybody with
Office to download and use, but nope -- not only does it not work on Macs,
but it doesn't even work in Excel 2000 or later.

-- jm