external screen in E-prime

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:02:33 UTC 2005

We use multiple monitors in our lab also, so that the experiment can get
feedback as to what is going on.
If you have multiple monitors, each fed via a different video output
(not just splitting a line), then the E-Prime experiment window will run
on the monitor designated as "primary" under windows Display Properties.

The second window will keep the E-studio editor open, so we use this for
the experimenter to view, using the debug.print command to print data to
the debugger frame.

For example, if you want to know their accuracy of a response to StimX,
use:
Debug,Print StimX.ACC

And so on.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have other questions.

Dave

W. David Hairston
Neurobiology and Anatomy

Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
(336) 716-4481 (lab)
http://www.wfubmc.edu/nba/XMODAL/