E-prime and Norton 2005

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Wed May 25 13:12:51 UTC 2005

I do not think that having Norton running in the background is a
problem. At our institution here, all PCs are required to have Norton
running all the time; thus far I have been fairly successful at
acquiring millisecond-level timing consistency.
I believe that E-Prime "shuts out" all other Windows resources when an
experiment is running, so this probably means that Norton effectively
isn't running/scanning at the same time anyway....

W. David Hairston
Neurobiology and Anatomy

Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
(336) 716-4481 (lab)
http://www.wfubmc.edu/nba/XMODAL/