E-prime and Norton 2005

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 07:26:10 UTC 2005

E-Prime will indeed lower the scheduling priority of other applications when
running scripts to increase timing accuracy. However, most anti-virus
applications have build-in protection against ‘interfering’ software. We use
Norman anti-virus and have noticed timing accuracy problems on some machines
when the ‘on access scanner’ (the module that checks all file I/O
transactions at runtime) was active. Ideally, time critical experiments
should be performed on machines without active network connection and
without active anti-virus tools!

paul