totally novice question

Epstein Jody jae2924 at louisiana.edu
Tue Oct 18 02:32:07 UTC 2005

I have never programmed anything before, and now I am faced with writing a complete program. I have gone through the e-prime tutorial and I get that it's a very user-friendly interface, but I still have no clue about the actual language. Does anybody have any code already written that would tell a computer to tell an external peanut dispenser to dispense? We are using a standard peanut dispenser from Med Associates (model number not at hand, sorry) and connecting to the computer via a serial (printer) port. It needs to dispense at the very moment that the subject touches the correct area of the touch-screen.

Any thoughts or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help

Jody
UL-Lafayette
Cognitive Sciences