Eprime on Windows XP

Jacob Anderson janderson at tfs.psych.umn.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:08:46 UTC 2005

Leisha,
We are currently using Win98 for our experiment presentation(Eyetracking,
Autonomic Response, EEG, ERP data collections), and haven't run into too many
problems.  Generally, I have a gut feeling the Win98 is a bit less stable that XP, but I
often wonder if Win98 might contribute to better timing and acurracy because the
operating system itself is less demanding (no data to back this up, and probably isn't
true).  We have continued to use Win98 mainly because we use a Digital I/O card
that gives us an extra 16 bits/triggers for communication from our E-Prime computer
to our DAQ computer.  Our Digital I/O has an emulation software feature that
simplifies communication between the I/O card and E-Prime, but it is only
compatable with Win98, and not WinXP.  We will eventually have to switch over to
WinXP at some point because Microsoft is not supporting Win98 any more, and I
thought that E-Prime 2.0 wont run on earlier Windows versions.  I would advise
upgrading your computer to XP, if possible, because it is the industry standard
Windows environment.

My two cents,
Jake

On 19 Oct 2005 at 10:20, Leisha Wharfield wrote:

> Great. Thanks for letting me know. What about programming using an XP
> operating system? Any problems there? I'm still programming in Windows 98.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leisha Wharfield
> Decision Research
> Eugene, Oregon USA
> leisha at decisionresearch.org
>
> Jan Frederik Léger wrote:
>
> >Hi Leisha,
> >
> >We run E-Prime version 1.1.4.1 on Windows XP without any problem. As far as
> >I know, this is not in beta testing anymore.
> >
> >Kind regards,

Jacob E. Anderson
Psychophysiologist
Minnesota Center for Twin and Family Research
University of Minnesota
460N   75 East River Road
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-626-7790

"I have no lid upon my head, but if I did you could look inside and see what's on my mind"  Dave Matthews