SoundOut problems

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Tue Oct 25 22:28:46 UTC 2005

Hi, all,

I searched the maillist & found my question asked a couple of times, but
no answer to it. In discussions of using SoundOut objects, people seem
able to get a sound from the computer, but I can't get that far. Either
I'm on the wrong channel or I have mismatched or invalid block
alignment. I eventually need the SoundOut object to run a variable
sound, but for right now if I build a computer program with nothing in
it but a dang sound, I can't get a sound. Why can't I just play a wav
sound? How do I get the correct channel, the correct alignment? I don't
have any advanced tools for figuring out what the settings of a sound
are, aside from the Eprime diagnostic, and those diagnostics never work
for me.

What do I need to do? I'm stuck.

Leisha Wharfield
Decision Research