Cumulative timing issue

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Sat Oct 29 21:36:42 UTC 2005

Hi, everyone,

This problem is a little different from any I could find in the
archives. I have a distraction task that must terminate after 10
seconds. It can run as many times as necessary, but must terminate after
10 seconds. One of two sounds is played randomly with replacement, with
a wait of .5-1.5 seconds in between. Subjects respond to the sound by
pushing one of two buttons.

I think I want to check the cumulative time of the task after each
button press, and terminate the procedure if it's > 10 seconds. Is that
the correct approach? What is the simplest way to do this?

Thanks,

Leisha Wharfield
Decision Research
Eugene, Oregon, USA