Missed responses when using touch screen

Sean O'Malley omalley at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 13 19:38:05 UTC 2005

Has anyone run into issues where a touch screen (3M MicroTouch capacitive
CRT) in mouse emulation mode 'drops' subject responses?  I am finding that
eprime occasionally does not detect a touch, even when the meaty part of
the finger is very firmly used on the touch screen surface.

So far, I have not been able to narrow this down to any specific action on
the part of the subject, other than obvious cases where the subject is
using the fingernail instead of fingertip.  But even in my own testing,
where I am very careful to use the fingertip, eprime seems to miss one in
every 30 or 40 responses.

Thanks,