Eprime - Coherent Motion Stimuli?

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:45:55 UTC 2005

Hi James,

There are a few option to do this. One way is to create a DLL, which
contains fast code (for example C++) to create your graphics on the fly. A
few months ago I programmed such a DLL to create ellipses containing
gradiently filled color patterns. The complete source and EPrime example
script is available from http://www.psy.vu.nl/download/paul/stimmaker.zip
The DLL was programmed with Visual C++.

Another option is to create a custom application which creates a series of
bitmaps before running EPrime. I also have such an application available
which was programmed in Visual Basic .NET. This program was made for someone
who required a series of bitmaps that contained a grid of small dots moving
around their center position. Most of the dots move at random, but in some
rectangular area's on the screen the dot's move with a specific frequency. I
could also provide the sources of this program (not very well programmed
though!) Just let me know...

kind regards,
Paul Groot
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam