XP Start Menu trick

Brandon Cernicky brandon_cernicky at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 13:01:34 UTC 2006

Hi Leisha,

Many in the group have already responded with how to
use MSCONFIG, but I wanted every one to know that the
EP knowledge base has an article in relation to this.

http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=2621

More importantly, there are times when users are
finding that a background application is causing a
conflict.  Using MSCONFIG in the barebones mode allows
for E-Prime to run.  The only method to determine what
the conflict app is via brute force by checking an
item, reboot, see if the problem occurs.

If anyone finds an application that is in conflict
with an E-Prime experiment run, please report this to
PST and the group.

BTW Leisha, I am the one who put the skull/crossbones
icon in the Procedure when there is a bad reference
;-)

-Brandon