Displaying and collecting responses from two objects at the same time

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 07:58:53 UTC 2006

Hello Joseph,

I think this should be possible though. To start with, you could place the
sound object before the stimulus object and set the duration to zero. You
would also have to set the ‘stopafter’ property to ‘no’ to prevent immediate
termination of the sound itself. Then add an input object such as a keyboard
and set the time limit to the duration of the required time window (i.e.
2000). You can add the stimulus object (with duration 200) and an empty text
object (duration 1800) after the sound object. That should do the trick.

There is only one thing that could be a bit tricky: By default the end
action property of the input object is set to ‘terminate’. This could be a
problem because only the active object will be terminated. If the response
occurs during playback of the stimulus (rt<200), then only the stimulus will
be terminated and the second object (empty screen for 1800ms) will be played
as usual. A bit of scripting could solve this.

best,
Paul