'real time' issues

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:20:06 UTC 2006

Hi Leisha,

The serial port is fine. Although in most cases the parallel printer port
and the game port are also usable. This is the case when the buttons are
connected 'directly' to the input lines of the port (not the serial Rx/Tx
transmission lines) and a 'Port' device is used in EPrime to scan the
corresponding IO register. (See also
http://www.psy.vu.nl/download/menu/index.html)

Note that the PST Serial Response Box uses a different technique to send the
button states to the serial port. In this case a sequence of bytes is
transferred to the Rx line of the serial port. It is not very likely that
your button box uses this serial protocol because it requires additional
electronics and software.

best,
paul