'real time' issues

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Mon Jan 9 18:09:45 UTC 2006

Thank you, Paul. I checked out the link you sent me. My serial device is
not a box at all--it's two buttons designed for people who have physical
limitations. They are about 2-1/2" in diameter and very easy to press,
resulting in a clear audible click. There's no box at all: the buttons
are wired into a serial connector that I bought at Radio Shack. The
buttons are configured as a port device where the left button returns a
5 and the right button returns a 6.

Does this sound similar to how the PST Serial Response Box works?

Your advice has been extremely helpful. I will be able to answer all the
technical questions that are thrown at me about this purchase when the
time comes & make my recommendation with more confidence, thanks to you.

Sincerely,

Leisha