A non-believer

Rachel Mitchell r.l.c.mitchell at reading.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 15:30:59 UTC 2006

Hello all :-)

I have received comments back on a manuscript I submitted for publication a
while back.
The study it described was an fMRI study, of block design, that used E-prime
to present the auditory stimuli.

One of the reviewers has expressed misgivings though about my use of E-prime
and its validity in this context.
To quote them....
"The experiment used Eprime. I am concerned about the temporal resolution of
this program in combination with fMRI."

Could the E-prime authors/technical staff comment on this statement?

Has anyone else received comments like this previously?
How did they respond?

Or, if it did happen to you, what would you say to attenuate their concerns?

ALL comments welcome.

With very best wishes
Rachel

Dr Rachel L. C. Mitchell.
Lecturer in Cognitive Psychology, University of Reading.
Honorary Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry.
Research Psychologist, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust.

Correspondence Address:
School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences,
Whiteknights Road
University of Reading
Reading
Berkshire