synchronized trigger and stim presentation

Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu
Mon Jun 19 18:30:07 UTC 2006

Dave,

Use the onsetsignal enabled property of the stimulus to send your
trigger.  We use a photo-diode in addition to that to adjust the timing
jitter on the LCD projector.  The photo-diode won't give you multiple
trigger codes without a lot of painful hardware tinkering, but you can
probably use whatever software you have offline to combine the e-prime
trigger and the photo-diode signal to achieve what you need.  What MEG
system do you use?  If you have a 4D Magnes system, I can probably be of
further help to you with respect to the latter suggestion.

Donald C. Rojas, Ph.D.
U. of Colorado Neuromagnetism Lab
Denver, CO USA

	-----Original Message-----
	From: eprime at mail.talkbank.org [mailto:eprime at mail.talkbank.org]
On Behalf Of David Hairston
	Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 10:35 AM
	To: Leisha Wharfield
	Cc: eprime at mail.talkbank.org
	Subject: RE: synchronized trigger and stim presentation

	Thanks Leisha. Maybe I should clarify.

	We need the trigger data on-line, so that it can be recorded
along with MEG data during acquisition. This makes it convenient for
analysis later, so that we can re-align trials according to stimulus
onset, etc.

	Hence, it is very important that the trigger be an accurate
reflection of the actual onset.

	After some discussion with a colleague, if there is not a simple
way to do it via E-prime that is reliable, I'm considering using
feedback from a photo-diode system for the trigger.

	Of course, getting a similar feedback from sound presentation
seems even more difficult, so I'm open to suggestions on that one,
too...

	Thanks,

	Dave