moving image

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 16:09:23 UTC 2006

Dear Wendy,

The easiest way to do this (without using any script), is to create a series
of bitmaps images which are displayed in sequence at a relative high rate.
(The pictures make up the 'movie'.) However, you will have to create a lot
of pictures by using another (scriptable) application. Another downside of
this technique is that you need a fast computer to be able to display the
image sequence smoothly. It would be a better solution if you could create a
video stream of these images and play them directly (I believe the next
version of EPrime will support video playback.)

Another option is to use some inline scripting to draw the ‘moving’ dot. A
good starting point is to draw a circle on a so called (off screen) canvas
and then copy this canvas image on the display. (See Canvas.Circle and
Canvas.Copy in the EBasic manual. The next step would be to create a
repeating loop and change the coordinates of the circle as desired.

Hope this is of any help.

Best,
Paul Groot
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam