play tone after error

Mich pseudoverlighter at zonnet.nl
Thu May 25 11:28:52 UTC 2006

Hello Steve,

SK> So is there a simple way of scripting "if they get it wrong play this tone"
SK> without adding in a sound column in the list object?  Or do I need to play
SK> with the parameters of the sound object??

That should help, but I would suggest making something like:

If (testtarget.ACC = 0) Then soundbufferx.play else soundbuffery.play

soundbufferx would then point to your beep.wav, but next to it, i
would make an empty .wav file which is exactly as long as beep.wav,
but then completely silent. You can do this with windows audio
recorder (just open beep.wav and keep making it softer until there's
nothing anymore) and the idea would be that in both conditions
(correct & incorrect answer), the timing remains the same.

There's a working example in the ebasic documentation on sound how to
fill those soundbuffers (i suggest doing that when the experiment
start).

Cheers,

Michiel Spapé
Cognitive Psychology Unit