play tone after error

Steve Kelly steve.kelly at strath.ac.uk
Tue May 23 10:31:06 UTC 2006

Dear E-primers,

I'm trying to get a short tone played if someone presses the wrong key in a
4 button RT task.

I've used a sound object and the following inline script:

If (testtarget.ACC = 0) Then
c.SetAttrib "sound", "beep.wav"
Else goto Label1
End if

Problem is, when the tone plays the target stays up on the screen for
another second or so.  Doesn't do this when the correct button is pressed.
I'm guessing that using a sound object for feedback is adding time in
somewhere and I can't seem to reduce it.

So is there a simple way of scripting "if they get it wrong play this tone"
without adding in a sound column in the list object?  Or do I need to play
with the parameters of the sound object??

Thanks in advance

Steve

Dr Steve Kelly
Department of Psychology