One-second slide stimulus

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Tue Nov 7 17:42:47 UTC 2006

Hi, Petra,

I think that you should be able to achieve this by using slides that
have different states on them and setting the properties differently for
the different states, but I can't figure out how to do that, so my quick
fix would be to have two slides: Slide1 would last for 1 second and show
both the picture and the text; Slide2 would last until the key is
pressed and show only the text.

If someone pressed the key in less than one second you could know by
allowing the Response in Slide one and checking for it via an Inline
Object placed between the 2 slides. So if the Response is made via
Slide1, skip Slide2.

Finally, I think you could use just one Slide if you placed an Inline
Object after it that counted one second then redrew the slide without
the picture.

Leisha Wharfield
Decision Research
Eugene, Oregon, USA