One-second slide stimulus

Brandon Cernicky brandon_cernicky at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 18:31:58 UTC 2006

Leisha is on track and you don't have to use script
like in my previous post to make this happen.

1) Create a procedure with Slide1, Slide2, Label1.
2) On Slide1, setup the text and the image.
3) Set the duration to be 1000.  Set the response time
limit to be the total for the trial response time
(e.g. 5000).
4) Set the end action to "jump"
5) Set the Label property to "Label1"
6) In Slide2, make it identical to Slide1 but with no
image or whatever components you don't want to appear.

By having an "extended input" which means that the
time limit is longer than the duration, the response
will be able to occur over both slide1 and slide2.
And since it jumps, it will skip slide2 if the
response occurs during slide1.

This is essentially the same approach the NestingXRT
sample with E-Prime does.

-Brandon

>> Hi, Petra,
>>
>>I think that you should be able to achieve this by
using slides that
>>have different states on them and setting the
properties differently for
>>the different states, but I can't figure out how to
do that, so my quick
>>fix would be to have two slides: Slide1 would last
for 1 second and show
>>both the picture and the text; Slide2 would last
until the key is
>>pressed and show only the text.
>>
>>If someone pressed the key in less than one second
you could know by
>>allowing the Response in Slide one and checking for
it via an Inline
>>Object placed between the 2 slides. So if the
Response is made via
>>Slide1, skip Slide2.
>>
>>Finally, I think you could use just one Slide if you
placed an Inline
>>Object after it that counted one second then redrew
the slide without
>>the picture.
>>
>>Leisha Wharfield
>>Decision Research
>>Eugene, Oregon, USA
>>
>>SCHMID Petra wrote:

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near historic lows:
$150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/