Transferring information (such as lists) from one E prime program to another

Fabrizio Ferri Benedetti Fabrizio.Ferri at uv.es
Mon Oct 2 09:46:24 UTC 2006

Hi Joseph

I think this mail can be useful:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0402b&L=eprime&D=1&P=1243

It's all about using E-Basic functions to read/write text in external
files. You could also do the randomization that way, for example
randomly sorting the words in Excel. Also, in the first experiment,
after choosing the 50 stimuli, you could add some InLine to write a text
file delimited with TABs, and then read it with the second experiment.
It would involve, I think, a bit of scripting. In pseudo-programming, it
could be something like this - after the experimenter enters data about
the subject ID:

ID = NameTextFile
Import(NameTextFile) into TrialList(Trial)
If(Trial = FirstSession) { DoSomeThing } else {DoNothing}

Get the idea?

Cheers,

    Fabrizio