question for eprime listserv

Susanne karpick susannekarpick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:40:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to create a divided attention task where participants view
words on the screen (at a rate of 2 seconds per word) and also listen to a
string of digits (1 word per second) and press a button on the keyboard
every time they hear 3 odd numbers in a row; with a warning to briefly
interrupt the word
presentation if the participant misses a consecutive odd sequences.

Does anyone know how to incorporate these two tasks?  I have the words and
sound files listed in a table.  Two soundout objects follow the table.  The
soundout objects get the sound file names from the table.  I think I need
inline after each sound out to check whether there was a keyboard response
and whether the response is accurate or whether there was no response (which
would be an incorrect response).  I am not sure how to do this, especially
with the timing. Any suggestions?  Also, it doesn’t seem like the typical
feedback object will suffice in this case.  Does anyone know how to create
such a feedback command?

If anyone has any advice, I would be incredibly appreciative.

Thanks so much,
Susanne

Susanne M. Karpick
Department of Psychology