varying lengths of exposure based on responses

Scott Moeller smoeller at umich.edu
Fri Apr 20 15:22:48 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I'm fairly new to using e-prime, and I'm hoping someone can help me out
with a question.

A somewhat recent paper (Aharon et al., 2001) describes a task in which
participants are exposed to faces.  The catch is that participants
could vary the amount of exposure they had to these faces by their
faces to disappear faster, they could alternate pressing the "z" and
"x" keys.  However, if they wanted the pictures to remain on the screen
for longer than 8s, they could alternate pressing the "n" and "m" keys.

The authors used Authorware (Macromedia) for this task.  I was
wondering if a similar task could be performed using e-prime.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Scott Moeller
University of Michigan