AW: Growing feedback bar

Michael P. Berner berner at psychologie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Aug 2 07:11:40 UTC 2007

Leisha,

one possible solution might be continually resetting the width of the
SlideImage object (i.e., the bitmap of your bar) via an Attribute (e.g.,
[BarWidth]) that is incremented in an InLine script whenever the participant
scores a point. Crucially, the Stretch option of the SlideImage would have
to be set to Yes. In this way, the bar "grows" with the increments as the
bitmap is stretched to the newly set width of the SlideImage. One limitation
of this approach is that you can increment in steps of 1 percent only, and
I'm not sure whether that would suffice to create the impression of smooth
growth you're looking for (esp. given the maximum score of 28 points, which
limits your successive increments for each point to 3 steps; with increments
of 4 points you will eventually run out of screen space).

best wishes  --  Michael Berner

--------
Department of Psychology
University of Wuerzburg, Germany